Spoken Royalty collects information about you and Spoken Royalty may share that information with third parties in certain circumstances, so please read on for more details about how Spoken Royalty uses personal information it collects about you when you use the Spoken Royalty Services.
1. What Kind Of Information Spoken Royalty Collects
Whether accessing the Spoken Royalty Services from your home computer or phone or tablet, Spoken Royalty and its agents may collect some information that identifies you or relates to you as an individual (“Personal Information”), such as your:
- mailing address;
- telephone number;
- e-mail address;
- username and password (for account administration);
- device ID, including IP address;
- geolocation (if using a mobile application and you consent to providing it);
- financial account information and other payment information (that you submit to us for order processing);
- additional personal information necessary for the administration of certain promotional events; and
- if you are applying for a franchise, date of birth, social security number, contact and employment information.
In addition, Spoken Royalty may collect other types of data elements (“Other Information”) that do not reveal your identity or that do not relate directly to you or any other individual, such as:
- browser and device information, including operating system;
- demographic information and other information provided by you that Spoken Royalty may combine with other users of the Spoken Royalty Services or use on its own;
- usage data;
2. How Spoken Royalty Uses The Personal Information Spoken Royalty Collects
- process and manage your purchase and use of our products and services;
- respond to your inquiries or requests, and to post your comments or statements on message boards or in our online forums;
- create and deliver personalized promotions, including by combining your Personal Information with Other Information, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make and benefits you receive;
- further our business purposes, such as to perform data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, to enhance, improve or modify the Spoken Royalty Services, to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to operate and expand our business activities; and
3. How Spoken Royalty May Disclose Personal Information Spoken Royalty Collects
Your privacy is very important to us. Spoken Royalty generally won’t disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of Spoken Royalty or its affiliates, except in the following circumstances.
Spoken Royalty may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services.
To Perform Services You Request
Spoken Royalty may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in order to perform services you request or functions you initiate, such as when you post information and materials on message boards and forums. When you post information in a public forum it becomes public information. In addition, Spoken Royalty may disclose your Personal Information in order to identify you to anyone to whom you send communications through Spoken Royalty Services including through our gifting program.
Corporate Transactions or Events
Spoken Royalty may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
Other Legal Reasons
In addition, Spoken Royalty may use or disclose your Personal Information as Spoken Royalty may deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages Spoken Royalty may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Spoken Royalty, our Affiliates, you and others; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
4. How Spoken Royalty May Use And Disclose Other Information Spoken Royalty Collects
Similarly, Spoken Royalty generally use Other Information for any purpose not prohibited by law. In particular, Spoken Royalty may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all Other Information, provided that such information does not personally identify you. The Other Information that Spoken Royalty collects generally will not personally identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes.
5. How To Manage Your Account Information
You can manage and correct any factual inaccuracies in the information the Spoken Royalty Services have on file about you.
6. How Spoken Royalty Protects Your Personal Information
Spoken Royalty has implemented reasonable safeguards designed to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through the Spoken Royalty Services.
Unfortunately, no system or online transmission of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and you should always take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information, including ensuring that you have up-to-date antivirus software. If you believe that your Spoken Royalty account or any information you’ve provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
7. Our Policy on Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed in your computer browser directories to store your information about your use of the Spoken Royalty Services and your activities online (collectively, “Cookies”). A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
In addition, Spoken Royalty and its ad management partners may use these Data Collection Technologies to track the actions of users of the Spoken Royalty Services, to measure statistics of its marketing efforts, and to deliver advertisements on the Spoken Royalty Services that may be more relevant to individual consumers and that will improve the consumer experience with Spoken Royalty.
8. Social Networking And Third Party Sites
9. Children’s Online Privacy
Spoken Royalty recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of children. Spoken Royalty will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. When a user discloses personal information with the Spoken Royalty Services, the user is representing to us that he or she is at least 13 years of age.